Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jewish rock stars!

Tonight is the DAN NICHOLS concert, and I couldn't be more excited. Being filled by the excitment in the camp also helps my excitment since I'm pretty much always excited.



Last night was my session's camp out. Every session has a camp out where they hike about an hour and half mile long up hill hike with two crazy Israelis and go to this GOREGOUS camp group near camp. And of course you sleep in tents, have the fire, the sleeping bag, the flashlight, the whole nine yards. I had to get driven to the campsite since I had to songlead for the sessions and come late.



The song session we did last night was AWESOME. It was what songleaders like to call an A minor run. And I adore A minor runs. We played Gesher Am Yisrael Chai, David Melech, Od Yishama, Haleilu, Gesher, and Jeremy Gimbel's Eitz Chayim which went really well too. I am so glad I got to stay back and songlead that shira because everyone was really into it. It was one of the better ones of this session. I had a lot of fun leading it and this awesome songleader from Avodah helped us too. She's a bit younger than me, but I can tell she's becoming an awesome songleader.



At the camp out I drove with one of the Israeli's who was crazy! But all the Israelis at camp are really nice and friendly. He had us play some fun mixers and then I lead siyum. My kids can never seem to understand NO SCHTICK or extra things in a song. It's probably because they are at the age where authority about things like that just doesn't effect them. But it's not too big of a deal. We went to sleep in tents and well sleeping is really not what I did. Call me a princess, but I just can't sleep on the ground of any sorts unless its all cushy. Maybe if I get use to it I could, but for now I love my mattress at camp.



We got back today and it was YOM SPORTS! Basiclly it was Color Wars. My cabin was part of the blue team. It was actually tons of fun. I wish I could of been a captian, but I was so excited that two of my really good friends were captians. Jared was the captian of the blue team, and Jen one of my CO's was the captian of the Green team. I'm pretty sure the Blue team won. I was of course decked out in blue and tied my Israeli flag around myself. Then we stuck my flag on a hockey stick and wove it around. It was really fun just dancing around being crazy. Even though I have been exhausted from the lack of sleep, I still found some kind of energy inside of me to be crazy at Yom Sports. I also had blue paint all over my legs and face.



After Yom Sports I helped out Jeremy and some others set up for the DAN NICHOLS concert tonight, which I'm pretty stoked about. I'm not sure if the songleaders are going to go up there for a song, but I totally hope so. We haven't gone over anything yet. Dan is playing a bunch of stuff from his new album which should be awesome. I am pretty excited for that.

2 comments:

baker123 said...

Hey, Rachel It's Kylie. I was one of your 12 girls from the BOGRIM BEAUTYS. I wanted to see how everyone is. I'm writing my speech for my bat mitvah and it's kinda about gossip so I wanted to know what the lesson we learned at camp was called. I hope you have my e-mail adress. I don't feel confortable giving it out on the internet, I hope you understand. Also, I'm trying to send up a package soon. I miss everyone from camp.

baker123 said...

P.S. I think the name of that lesson ment Dirty or Bad Tounge by the way.