Sunday, June 29, 2008

Inter-session!

The kids are gone, well not all of them but most of them.

This has to have been one of the fastest sessions I have ever gone through, but it was only 11 days so honestly it couldn't of been too slow.

I adore my girls, it's going to be hard without them because I still feel like they just got there. I remember on opening day of camp I was wild and crazy and they all were kind of scared, but they defintly came together to have one community. During the year you forget about the communities you can make at camp. The fact that I helped form those 12 girls to become one cabin amazes me everytime. Last night during closing circle and havdallah tears were on so many kids faces, it was beautiful truely. It reminded me of my bogrim summer...haha stam I was never in bogrim! But it did remind me of my camp summer of 2003. That was the summer I knew I would go to camp forever. One of the best summers of my life.

For intersession I decided not to leave because I didn't want to spend any money. I'm here just hanging out and sleeping. Watching movies just trying to relax and revamp myself for the next group of kids coming in. I'm pretty sure I have Gesher the 7th and 8th graders. I'm excited for my new campers. I have even started writing their session song and I'm almost done. It's to the tune of I wanna hold your hand by the beatles. My last session song was Boom Boom Boom by the Venga Boys.

I can't wait to sleep a lot and in tomorrow, new kids soon. Everything is going well and I'm learning how to really chill out in CA.

Shalommm

No comments: