Thursday, June 19, 2008

The kids are here...

Tired is an understatement of the life of a camp counselor/songleader.

Exhausted would be a better way to explain the feelings I'm currently having.

I am LOVING every mintue of it though. Stressful, yet fantastic once I'm in it. I adore my girls, each and every one of them are different but awesome. They are all so sweet and nice. Most of them are going into 8th grade.

Songleading is awesome. The opening night song session was tonight and it was one of the best songleading highs I've ever had. Songleading for around 500 kids and 100 staff members is the most amazing feeling ever. I can't actually get over it. The high, the guitars, the voices, amazing. Jeremy and I were totally rocking out and dancing, it was awesome. I forgot how great song sessions can be. I'm lovin it.

All the staff in my eidah [unit of kids] are the best. I have some of my closet friends and my CO's are great too. This is going to be a fantastic session. It's only 11 days, which seems short, but long at the same time. Its so great.

Today during our Chugim presentations I stuck my face in the cut out of my gutiar and starting to rock back and forth. Then Ben, one of the songleaders, came up to me and showed me how to play guitar correctly. That was our chugim commerical/skit thing. it was somewhat funny. Gertz got his kids to chant out quack quack quack since he calls me Duck. It was fantastic.

Life is good, stressful, a bit tiring, but I adore it so far. I am LOVING being a camp counselor.

Shalom

No comments: